While doing my makeup for my cousins wedding, I chose to use colours that matched my outfit. Now a lot of people don't like when makeup matches with the outfit, but I feel like matching your makeup to your outfit works really well for South Asian events.
If you've seen my post on the makeup look that I did for the mehendi/henna party (one of the pre-wedding ceremonies), you will see that not only do I match the makeup colours to my outfit, but I also avoid details on my eyelid. I do this on purpose for 2 reasons. First, I don't have much lid space, but I have a lot of space from my crease to under my brow. Second, I prefer applying a thick line of liquid eyeliner on my upper lashline because it looks better with the shape of my face & suits me more when the look is completed. Now, when I apply a thick line of liquid eyeliner, it ends up covering a lot of that lid space, so I tend to bring my lid colour a little above the crease to open up my eye a bit.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer [lid till under the brow + inner corner + lower lashline]
- Senna Cosmetics Glow Eye Color in Flare [applied as highlight - under brow & inner corner of eye]
- Prestige Cosmetics eyeshadow in C-179 Golden Retriever [lid & crease]
- BH Cosmetics eyeshadow in MM17 [outer half of browbone]
- BH Cosmetics eyeshadow in WM20 [inner half of browbone]
- BH Cosmetics eyeshadow in CM20 [outer corner + upper & lower wings + lower lashline]
- Maybelline waterproof liquid eyeliner in Black [upper lashline]
- L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black [upper & lower lashes]
- Annabelle Cosmetics Smudgeliner in Black Out [tigthline + lower lashline]
- Light blue nail art rhinestone [inner corner]
So whenever I take pics for blog posts, I usually always have 1 or 2 pics where I'm making faces. I mean come on.. I get sick of smiling so much, especially since I was smiling all day at the wedding. I finally decided to include one of these funny face pics. Not without cause though.. in the pic you can also see the colours of my outfit: orangeish yellow (I don't even know what you'd call that colour, but it's so unique), hot pink, light blue, & a lot of silver bling.
I wish I had enough time to apply false lashes as well, but it takes me a while to apply them. Since I was running a bit late, I didn't want to mess up my makeup & decided against it.
I really think the matchy-matchy makeup worked well. What do you think?
Are you pro matchy-matchy or totally against it?