I had received an invite in the mail for Swarovski's spring fashion event & I really liked the makeup look for spring. I knew I wanted to try the look & I just got around to doing it 2 days ago.
The picture below is scanned, but if you click the pic it will take you to the picture on Swarovski's site where you can see the look a little better.
Here's the look that I came up with. I used the orange/coral on the lid, darker shade in the crease, light blue on the lower lashline, & lighter colour in the tearduct area. I added a few elements of my own though: winging out the blue & orange + coloured eyeliner on the waterline + a purple-brown shade blended upward & out instead of keeping the dark colour in the center of the crease.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion [all over eyelid till under the brow + tearduct area + lower lashline]
- BH Cosmetics eyeshadow in WM09 [all over lid + between both wings]
- BH Cosmetics eyeshadow in CM02 [crease + browbone]
- Sedona Lace 88 Metal Eyeshadow Palette - light blueish-gray shade [lower lashline]
- Sleek's Paraguaya iDivine Palette - Sandstone [tearduct area + lightly under the brow]
- Annabelle Cosmetics Smudgeliner in Atomic Surf [waterline]
- Annabelle Cosmetics liquid eyeliner in Black Out [winged slightly on the upper lashline]
- L'Oreal Voluminous mascara in Carbon Black [upper + lower lashes]
- ES A134 false eyelashes [1 eyelash cut in half & applied on the outer corners of both eyes]
- Revlon ColorStay foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in 320 True Beige
- Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder in Honey [only on the t-zone]
- Annabelle Cosmetics Mineral Powder Bronzer in Terra [used to contour cheeks + jaw + temples]
- Sedona Lace 88 Metal Eyeshadow Palette - a mix of the cream shades [cheekbones + bridge of nose + under the eyebrow arch]
- BH Cosmetics eyeshadow in WM09 [cheeks]
- Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in 063 Eastend Snob [all over lips]
- Senna Cosmetics Cream Lipstick in Plush
- Marcelle's Vita-Lip Plumping Gloss in 40 Rio Rose
I actually applied lipstick this time & that too a lighter shade. I used the bold orange eyeshadow on my lids & on my cheeks as well & I'm loving the way orange blush looks on my skin tone.
I can't believe I haven't tried an orange blush yet considering how popular it seemed to be last spring/summer. After seeing how good orange looks on my cheeks, I definitely need an orange blush in my life. I'm thinking Rome by Cargo Cosmetics.
Got any recommendations for an orange blush?
Lots of bright colours & vitamin D ahead ;)