So 1st I'm going to start off with my...
[Click images to enlarge]
This is a business casual look. I am in love with blazers, so here I paired up a gray blazer with a black tank & denim. My hair is tied loosely behind, allowing a few short strands to frame my face & I'm wearing silver, pointed kitten heels. As for accessories, I have dark gray hoop earrings, a long black & gray bead necklace that I've knotted, my watch, & 10 bangles on. Nothing in this look is loud.
Here's a closer look at the products that I used for the day look:
I wore the same jewelry for both looks.
- Jeans from Dynamite
- Blank tank from Suzy Shier
- Gray Blazer from H&M
- Kitten Heels from ShoeMart (Dubai)
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Honey
- NYX blush in Dusty Rose
- MAC eyeshadow in Girlie
- MAC eyeshadow in Cranberry
- Prestige eyeshadow in Angel
- Nivea Caregloss
- Almay blendable eye pencil in black
- Almay One Coat Triple Effect Mascara in 02 Black
Now for my...
As I mentioned above, I wore the same jewelry for both looks. To start off the transition, the only thing in my outfit that I changed was my blazer & shoes. I exchanged the kitten heel for a sexy, silver high heel & I chose a leopard print blazer. Even though the colours on the blazer are still neutral (white, gray, & black), the print makes a statement on its own. Also, I don't think a night out means showing skin. A well tailored blazer paired with your fave pair of jeans & some high heels can be just as sexy as a dress or skirt. The clothes have to make you feel sexy & you have to have the confidence to pull it off.
Since this look doesn't require me to change my bottoms/jeans/pants, it makes it much easier to go through the day to night transition. I can just change my blazer & shoes in the car or in the washroom! On the other hand, if I had to change my jeans, I probably wouldn't change in the car (umm, do I need to explain why? hehe) & I wouldn't change in the washroom either because do I really want my jeans touching the floor in a public washroom? I don't think so!
- Blazer from Forever 21 (Oh, how I love that store)
- Silver high heels from Wal-Mart - I got these before any other store had this design. I remember seeing it in all the shoe stores later & Le Chateau had them for $60 or something ridiculous, but I got em on sale from Wal-Mart for $10 :D woohoo!
I also let my hair down :)
For my night makeup, I just made everything darker. Once again, you can re-do your makeup in a public washroom.. you do not have to go back home to go from your day look to your night look. Just carry your blazer, heels, & a makeup pouch with you to help you through the transition. Here are the makeup products that I used:
- Marks & Spencer blush
- Rimmel Colour Rush Quad eyeshadow in 001 Smokey Noir (I used the black on the lid & lightest colour: silver to touch-up on my highlight)
- Sephora lipgloss in Rosy Glow
- Almay blendable eye pencil in black (on the waterline)
- Almay One Coat Triple Effect Mascara in 02 Black (re-applied a little mascara to make my lashes bold against the dark eyeshadow)
You can kind of see the dark eyeshadow in the pics below. When I uploaded the pics, I realized that none of the pics showed the proper colour of the dark makeup, so I took another pic (the pic on the right). As you can see, by that point I had already changed my clothes & earrings.
Close up of the eyes. Once again, the eyeshadow looks like it's a dark gray, but at least it's different than it was in the day look.
So as you can see, you only need a few items to go from a day to night look. If you don't have time, don't worry because you can achieve a different look in just 10 minutes! I mean really, it doesn't take that long to change your blazer & heels & darken your makeup. Also, I love blazers so I used blazers for both my looks, so I guess this transition would be great for the fall season when it's not too hot & not too cold & you can sport a blazer in the day as well as at night. You can also just put on a shirt/blouse/etc. at night instead of the blazer, put some heels on, darken your makeup, & you'll be ready for a night out in no time :)
Btw, this is an entry for Vanessa's Day to Night contest. Check out her blog. She posts the cutest hauls. Hope you liked the look.